Job Search? Making a list of companies you want to work on and using LinkedIn to research employers and identify the hiring manager for the positions you apply for are some of the ideas you can apply when your job search is aimless.
10 ideas you can apply when your job search is aimless
There are moments during the job search that can get frustrating. After applying to several positions is discouraging to see how the weeks go by and you do not receive any encouraging response from the selectors, which may lead you to think that your applications go directly from the keyboard to the depths of nowhere. In these times you cannot do a job search using only the online application and wait for employers to respond. You have to take things into your own hands and in what way, Liz Ryan explains, in his article “Job Search Going Nowhere? Here Are Ten Ideas To Try “from Forbes magazine.
Riding the road
Ryan, recommend trying out these 10 ideas when your job search comes to a frustrating stalemate:
- Read the CV out loud. Review every detail of your CV and read it out loud allows you to understand that you are a person and not a product. This activity will avoid any mistake in the data placed.
- Make a list of dream companies and let them conduct your job search, instead of any advertisement that is published at this time.
- Use LinkedIn to investigate employers and identify the hiring manager in each of the positions to which you apply.
- Write a convincing cover letter to the recruiter and attach it to your CV , where you can express all the skills you have and how you will contribute to the organization.
- Stay in force by coordinating meetings with at least one person a week and attend large gatherings of colleagues and friends. You never know when they might need your services.
- Keep business cards handy. In these meetings of colleagues and friends or on any occasion, it is always important to have cards, which you can distribute to people who are interested in your professional services.
- If you apply, research the vacancy and review how, through your skills, you can provide solutions to the organization. That action will leave you in advantage in front of other aspirants.
- Do not sit on your computer for more than two hours in a row. Do not think that applying to several jobs will improve your chances of getting a job. It is necessary to find time to do activities with which you can relax.
- Spend time with people who add up and as little time as possible with people who remain. If you made contact with more than one recruiter, learn to follow the energy of the edifying people.
Always remember that you are powerful, brilliant and talented when you are working and when you are not, too. You do not need a job to be meaningful. Having been looking for work for several weeks has made you a more focused person.
Never stop believing in your skills and less when you are out of work. These recommendations will open new possibilities for how to improve and increase the chances of finding a job.
You may also like to read : 7 Tips To Be Hired By A Dream Company